Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Being an Adult



My hubby was almost in a panic a little while ago. He asked me if we had sent our tax papers in. Ya, we did. And we already got our rebate. It was really quick. Less than a week. And we had already talked about what we wanted to use the money for. We decided to make an extra house payment. And only to keep $100. We split the money.

When our rebate came in the mail, I deposited it in the bank and made the extra payment. It actually made almost 3 extra payments. :) It felt really good to pay ahead on our house. That night, I gave my hubby $50. Remember, we decided to keep $100. He didn't say anything. Just smiled.

Tonight when I assured him that we had sent our taxes and got our rebate, it must have rang a bell for him. "That was what the $50 was for." I just smiled. Sometimes he makes me laugh! But ya, that's what we did with our tax rebate.

This is probably the 1st time I've ever used my rebate for something good. Last year, we used our rebate to go on vacation and buy some furniture. We did save a little. And we used that for our down payment for our house. And the year before, we used the money for our wedding.

Before this, I would have gotten the money and treated myself. You know, some new clothes, makeup, fun dinners out, etc. But I can definitely tell that I'm growing up. Besides, it much nicer to own a home than it is to buy new clothes. I'm just saying. What did you do with your rebate? ~Chels

No comments: