Saturday, January 16, 2010

Praying for Haiti



Earlier this week a great tragedy happened...the earthquake in Haiti. Last night, we watched the special on ABC. It was so sad. I cried. Because you know what, it can happen to any of us. But if it happened in the US, we'd have aid. People would be here. There would be resources.

Those poor people in Haiti. They're begging for help. They need our help. I told my hubby that we could donate a little bit of money. I mean, we don't have a lot. But anything is going to help them. So we put aside some money. And today we went to the Red Cross. There were so many people there. Giving what they could. Even little kids, bringing their piggy banks.

You have to know that there is good in the world. When this many people come together to help, you know that there is good in the world. I also know, I'm a very lucky lady. I hugged my hubby a little tighter. I prayed a little harder. And I hope that we can help all these people get back on their feet. ~Chels

No comments: