Monday, April 23, 2012

Beat the Heat with a Headband

Do you remember me telling you about P.S.-I Made This? I've been working on some of the projects. What I like about this site is, all the projects are very easy to make. And they're pretty easy on your checkbook. Do you know what I mean?

Honestly, most of the projects, on this site are simple. I've been using lots of things, that I find around the house. You should know this about me, I'm not crafty. I don't have lots of craft supplies. Heck, I've been using most of my hubby's things, to make my little crafts. That's why I LOVE this site!!

One of the crafts I was most excited about, was this Braided Headband. You see, in the desert heat, my hair is usually up in a messy ponytail, or bun. I figured, a few of these fun headbands, would be a nice change of pace. Something to "spice" up my 'do!


The site recommends using leather, some ball chain, and a shoelace. Me? I had cheapo purse, that had gotten a hole in it. Something that can't be fixed. I took my scissors to it. Then I got an old chain. Am I the only one that does this? I buy a necklace. Then I realize the chain isn't long enough. So I buy a long chain. Now I have a bunch of chains that aren't being used. Cheapo ones. Like from Wally World jewelry. :)

Literally, I went around my house. Hunting down supplies. Ribbons, old shirts, whatever could be braided. And I've been braiding away. I've got 4 headbands made. Super easy! It's taken me longer, to find the supplies, than to make the headbands. This would be a fun craft project to work on, with little girls. Anyone that can braid, can make one of these headbands. So fun! ~Chels

No comments: