Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mod Podge Glass

I was just doing a search for colored glass. Last night, we went out for Cinco de Mayo and J's birthday. Lots of fun. Some friends of ours were performing. And the decor was beautiful! I really wish I was more risky. You know, to buy some of those bright accents. They sell them everywhere around here! But the glass, it was just gorgeous! The candles from inside made the glass glow beautifully. :)

Back to my search...all the glass was really expensive. Because most, if not all was "Depression Glass." You know, the antique stuff. In fact, Lola has a bunch of that stuff. And it really is beautiful. But really out of our price range.

But when I did I search on Flickr, I found these cute jars. And Hello! They're old glass jars. Like salsa, jelly, and spaghetti sauce jars. :) They were painted with Mod Podge. Um, I'm not crafty. So I have no clue. I'll probably call Lola before I start my project. But take a look...



Hanging in your garden. Oh that would be so beautiful for a cookout! Or just on a pretty evening.



Glowing along the fence. They would look gorgeous with our new hearts. :)



Could you imagine the collection that you could come up with? And they're not opaque. So I'm sure my hubby wouldn't mind a few pink and purple mixed in with the blue and green. :)

Honestly, I can't wait to start this project. You just never know what you're going to get when you do a google or flickr search. But I'm glad I found these little gems. :) ~Chels

No comments: