Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Little Treat

So there are a few things you should know about me:

1. I'm in college.
2. This week was "Finals Week."
3. I've been terribly stressed out.
4. I don't ever really spoil myself.
5. I really wish I was good at makeup application. But I'm not!
6. I don't have much makeup. Just very basic things from the drugstore.
7. I lust after some of the makeup my friends have.
8. I like to shop at Walgreen's.
9. I'm happy about summer. It's been in the mid 90s all week!
10. I have friends who are makeup artists, hair stylists, or performers.

Leads me to my splurge yesterday. I finished my last final in the afternoon. And I was completely stressed out. Because honestly, all week, I've been stressed with finals. I left school and figured I would go to Walgreen's. I wanted to pick up a few things that we needed. Which also happened to be on sale this week. Oh, and I had to pick up a prescription.

Just as I parked, my hubby called me. Just to check on me. He knew that the week had been a tough one for me. So we're talking. And I get real excited when I pass one of the many makeup displays. He asked me what I was looking at. I told him that I was looking at some makeup. My hubby, being the sweet man that he is, told me to pick up a few things. Like a little reward for finishing up the semester. :)

Remember I told you that I have a friend who is a MUA, and one that is a performer? They both had told me about these Wet n Wild eyeshadows. They said they were good quality. Like the more expensive makeup that I lust after. :) And just my luck, Wet n Wild is on sale this week! Buy 1, get 1 half off!

Now just look at these yummy eyeshadows:



This is the packaging. Cute!



This is Vanity. My favorite of the 4. I can see myself using this every day. :)



I also like this one. It's Greed. I think this would be nice to wear for date nights with my hubby.



This is 1 of the 2 that I bought that are a bit more...exciting and adventurous. This is Lust.



And this one, Pride, is very unusual for me. Something that I wouldn't normally buy. But I thought it would be fun to experiment with. :)

But I got these 4 eyeshadow palettes for $15. I also picked up 2 blushes, 2 bronzers, and 4 lipsticks. I spent a total of $18 plus tax. Well, it would have been $28, but I had a $10 coupon for Walgreen's. You know, that was a good deal. And I got a lot of fun things.

I had asked Manders a while back if she would help me get better with my makeup application. I've been watching tons of YouTube videos. So this was a good little haul for me. Now that I'm on summer break, Manders and I are setting up an afternoon to play with some makeup. I'm really excited! ~Chels

No comments: