Thursday, June 21, 2012

You'll NEVER Believe....

You'll NEVER believe what I've been up to today! NEVER!! Cleaning out old jars. You see, in our fridge, we have an entire door, of jars. Of jelly, salsa, dip, honey, sauces, etc. All these jars have nothing in them. They are essentially empty. But in the fridge.

I don't know what our problem is. Why we can't throw these jars out. Why we feel it's important to have an extra large jar of pickle juice, taking up all that room. But today, I got to it. I was pulling out jar after jar, after jar!! Why we feel like a jar with no jam should go back in the fridge....is just beyond me! I had like 30 jars on the counter....

I thought, I could make something with these. Then I stopped myself. Why would I do that? We can recycle them. Either way, I'd have to wash them. Peel labels off. And if I decided to recycle the jars, I'd have to get my hubs to drive them to the recycling place. Since we're not allowed to stick them in our recycling cans.

Well, about half through my washing, I just thought, my hubs will never agree to drive all these across town. Maybe I should make something. I swear to you, if anyone would have come over, they would have thought, this woman has lost her mind!! Talking to herself. With all these empty jars!

I took a break. While half the jars were drying. And I got on my laptop. I searched out easy crafts. To use up some of these jars. And you'll never believe what I stumbled on! This cute little picture. That lead to this post. :)


I think this would be such a fun idea! I've got so many jars. I could make of bunch of these. And put them around our porch, with flowers and candles. Brilliant. Now I just need to finish getting the writing and glue off, some of the jars. If you're wondering about that. Simple rubbing alcohol is taking it off, really easy!

Then I have to decide on some sort of color scheme. What do you recommend? I'd LOVE to hear your ideas. Or any other ideas, you might have. I'm telling you, we have like 40 or 50 jars in total. Maybe more. I'm totally embarrassed about this little fact....

On the other hand, I can finally stock the fridge again. You know with jam, cherries, pickles, etc. All of a sudden, our fridge looks so empty! But honestly, all the food is in the pantry. Just waiting to go in the fridge. :) ~Chels

No comments: