Friday, June 29, 2012

New Favorite Meal

It's been H-O-T!! I've been getting fatter. I know I'm pregnant. But what never crossed my mind was, that I'd be this pregnant, during the HOTTEST time of year! Oh. My. GOODNESS!! I'd tell you to come and murder me. But really, that wouldn't solve much....

With all this heat, and expanding belly, I'm not doing much. Can't lie! From about 2pm on, I just want to lay down, turn up the AC, and nap!! I have absolutely no appetite whatsoever!! But I'm forcing myself to eat. For the sake of my daughter.

When I do eat, or cook, I want it to be easy. Simple. Light. Nothing complex. Nothing that is going to keep me in the kitchen all day. Or that is going to have me doing dishes all night. That's why I'm so happy, that Ashley posted this recipe!!


I've essentially taken the idea, and made similar pasta dishes, 2 or 3 times a week. All month long! We're talking, any veggies I can find in the fridge, are quickly sauteed. Then angel hair pasta is added. Then we eat. Some nights, I sprinkle some cheese on top. Other nights, hubs will grill up some chicken to go with our pasta. He eats it, I don't. One night, he even made us some fish. That was yummy!

I can say this much, I'm having a hard time with protein at the moment. Mornings all together are still tough. Food wise. But I can manage some eggs, and light protein. After that, it's a struggle for me to eat protein. I know it's important. But I just can't deal. So I try to eat peanut butter or beans for lunch. But this idea, is really good. Lots of veggies=lots of good vitamins!! ~Chels

No comments: