Monday, February 27, 2012

Colorful Fun!!

Some things just make the world, a very happy place. You know, like walking through Hobby Lobby. I know, it's just February. But I walked through all the aisles in Hobby Lobby. And I spent an extra long time, in the "Summer" aisles.

There were so many colorful things! Pinwheels for you yard. A heck of a lot of garden stuff. But also, lots of fun summer stuff. Like kitchen utensils. In all these fun and bright colors. It totally didn't help that everything in that section, was 40% off this week. I wanted it all! Including this cool cutting board. That has a fold out bowl attached. To put your peelings and stuff. Really cool! Well, I walked out with nothing....

But I still had all this on my mind. When I got home, we had this catalogue in the mail too! For the love of mankind, I couldn't help myself. I sat down, and looked through the whole thing. Filled with kitchen gadgets, tools, and essentials. We're talking pots and pans, towels, and decor. In the best colors ever!! Including some fun spoons. Wooden spoons. With fun colored, painted handles.

When my hubby came home, I was going to show them to him. Being that I had been so good all day. All day people! I didn't buy a thing we didn't need. And I paid all our bills. :) But I couldn't find that catalogue anywhere. :(

My hubby decided over the weekend, that we should go back to Hobby Lobby. Pick up a few things. Being that everything was on sale again. It's the 3rd week in a row, that these things were on sale! This time, I couldn't bring myself to spending the money. I know! I'm a fool. But we're saving up for a really good cause....our baby's nursery.

And honestly, in the back of my mind, I was still thinking about those spoons. I'm almost 100% positive, that they were 6 spoons for $20. Kinda a lot. But totally worth it! And I didn't want to blow money, on something that I wasn't 100% sure of. Yes, I liked the brightly colored spatulas, whisks, and gadgets. But even with the discount, they were $5 a piece. Oh, and then how would I decide on a color, or which to buy. We left....empty handed.

Then we crossed the road, and did our grocery shopping. Totally on the wrong day. At the wrong store. Wally World on a Saturday....is a MAJOR SIN!! Especially in this college town. Hobby Lobby's lines had been insane! This was ridiculous! At one point, 2 hours into shopping, 90 minutes in line....my hubby wondered away. He actually snuck to the McD's in the back. To get us a little snack. And on his way back to the front, he saw a package of wooden spoons. Hanging on the side of an aisle. And because I had shown my hubby, this picture earlier in the week, he brought them to me. :)


I left hubby with the his fries and ice cream, and our grocery cart. Still in line. And I made a beeline for the small craft department. How can you call 1 and 1/2 aisles, a "Craft Department?" Anyway, I picked up a few different colors of paint. And some sponge brushes.

Long story short, I spent my Saturday night, painting. I ended up using this picture as a good inspiration. And I'm happy that we still had some painters tape, in the closet. It helped make my handles straight. A few coats of paint later, we have some fun cooking utensils. Now I'll be on the lookout for more wooden utensils. Thank you Hobby Lobby and Pinterest for my new, colorful, and fun kitchen accessories! ~Chels

No comments: