Friday, March 30, 2012

Life Changing...and Sweet and Sour Chicken!!

This is blog post, that we've all been waiting for. The one when I tell you, I'm really enjoying cooking. Oh, and I found a blog that will change your life! Because it's got the most AMAZING and DELICIOUS recipes around!! Go immediately here, and follow Made It. Ate It. Loved It.

Back to the post. Around here, we enjoy oriental food. Probably a little too much! But in this small town, there's not really a place to go. And you know, get good food. There is a place, on the college campus. But it's only open Monday-Friday, from August-May, from 11am-2pm. Not really making for the easiest place to dine. If you know what I mean....

Other than that, you can drive an hour away, end enjoy PF Changs. But for us, that's just not going to happen. It's like a once every 6 months, kind of thing. We do have a local place. But the only thing that is good, is the beef and broccoli. Oh, and the prices!! But we crave sweet and sour chicken, lo mein noodles, and good egg rolls.

When we dive up north, like once a year, we also eat at Panda Express. Like 5 times, in 2 days!! I know, we're crazy. But I so wish, that we had a Panda Express near us. The closest one, is 3 hours away! Can you see why, I need to learn how to cook? And why this blog, is making me so excited.

Well, not only have I found good egg rolls, at Costco! I can't remember the brand, but they're in the freezer section. Oh, and I've seen small packages at Wally World. But you pay less, if you buy the big box. Then I found this good lo mein recipe. I know! The stars were lining up. Lastly, I found this recipe for sweet and sour chicken!!


Can you tell what we're having for dinner? Um, hello! Look at this picture!! I just have to make this. I've already been to Albertsons twice. And it's not even lunchtime. Can I make it to dinner? Oh, the Honky Tonk Hubby is going to be so excited!! ~Chels

No comments: