Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Want a Garden

I've been wanting a small garden. Nothing fancy. But something I can keep up with. And I want it to be my project. I mentioned it to my hubby the other day. And right away, he started drawing pictures and making diagrams. Making it a lot more complicated than I'd like. So I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow. Alone. Hopefully, I don't get too overwhelmed.

I want to grow a small patch of flowers like these. Aren't they pretty? I don't care what kind of flowers. Just as long as they're colorful!



And some veggies. Oh and strawberries. I want to grow something we can use. Do you know what I mean? And if it works out, maybe next year, hubby can make us some of these raised beds. :)



Because I really want some of this yummy goodness! There is nothing better than fresh fruit and veggies!



So that's my plan. To go do some research tomorrow. To see if it's better to go with plants or seeds. To see what is good for our area. I don't know if I'll buy anything tomorrow. But I do want to start researching. Around here, you're supposed to plant between April and May. I'm a little scared. But I'm also excited! If you have any advice, please leave it in the comments. I can use all the help I can get. ~Chels

No comments: